[sles-beta] Discussion point,

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Wed Jun 18 01:01:56 MDT 2014

Olaf

A very simple use case is using this in conjunction with containers such
that a "stateless" template is used to provision other containers which
actually provide applications. e.g. a "factory reset" container is
initially run-up and then "statefull" changes are made to the container
after that.

e.g. rather than running apache on the server OS itself, a container is
provisioned, which runs apache/web sites etc. In that way a "cleaner" host
OS is maintained and greater isolation between the "required" OS and the
"provided" application is possible.

As said, this is just a thought bubble for discussion at this time...

Darren