[sles-beta] Discussion point,

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Jun 18 01:25:33 MDT 2014

On 2014-06-18T17:07:14, Darren Thompson <darrent at akurit.com.au> wrote:

> Olaf
>
> On another thought "reproducible and verifiable"  systems also have merit
> in that it would be good to know exactly how every host varies from a know
> state, as it makes intrusion detection etc. much easier to achieve then the
> current "trip wire" type scenarios we are having to deploy now.

This is also something that can be addressed in the cloud/HVM stack.

You can clone a "golden" image, and thus also reset everything back to
that state at the press of a button (delete & clone again).

That works with a variety of containers or hypervisors. (I'm heavily
using this for my own SLE 12 and Factory testing based on KVM, hosted on
a SLE HA 11 system with OCFS2 for the thin provisioning / cloning.)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA