[caasp-beta] CaaS Beta2 OpenStack Image

Dyon.Van-Bavel at alphabet.com Dyon.Van-Bavel at alphabet.com
Fri Apr 14 04:59:36 MDT 2017

Hello @All,

I’m just a bit searching and trying to find the links within all documentation available, but it seems all documentation is made for the ISO images and not for the images that are supplied.

In my case I’m trying the CaaS Beta on top of OpenStack with the CaaS OpenStack qcow2 image. After booting the image not too much is running, here is where the hunt for a bit more information started, as I couldn’t find anything in the available docs I decided to start a hunt on the instance I now had and I did find: /usr/share/caasp-container-manifests/activate.sh after running this I suddenly had a dashboard (and a bunch of containers running). But here my journey continued… how to add worker notes according documentation “Please select worker in step 3” wasn’t really a bit I could work with ☺

For bootstrapping the CaaS nodes I did decide to upload the ISO to OpenStack start an instance from it where I do attach bootable a volume to, install CaaS (with netsetup=dhcp autoyast=bla) from the booted Instance ISO to the volume when succesfull terminate the ISO instance detach the volume and start a new instance from this volume.

I’m now wondering… Do I miss some documentation or was the “Appliance beta” supposed to be bootstrapped as written above? Or did I miss a link somewhere?

- Dyon