[sle-beta] SLES 15 SP1 RC2 on Dell Precision 5510 with HiDPI screen

Tomaž Borštnar, Softergee tomaz.borstnar at softergee.si
Wed Apr 17 02:49:08 MDT 2019

Hello,

Vincent Moutoussamy je 17. 04. 19 ob 10:39 napisal:
> Hi,
>> On 16 Apr 2019, at 17:58, Tomaž Borštnar, Softergee <tomaz.borstnar at softergee.si> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> On first boot I noticed that grub is not HiDPI friendly so everything is very small. Later when running installer things are fine.
> This is a known issue: bsc#1126010 - under hiDPI screen, mouse cursor is too
> small in YaST window. Let me check internally if we need more information from
> your setup.

YAST was not the problem. GRUB menu was/is the problem. Also installer
was fine with my setup.

On Leap 15 I fixed the GRUB resolution to 1600x1200 to make it usable.

>> Also I could not install KVM stuff due to missing libvirt-libs (see https://photos.app.goo.gl/H4xkZRXeEVmGdWYJ8 for screenshot).
> libvirt-libs should be in the Basesystem Module, how did run the installation?
> With the Packages DVD, SCC or RMT?

I booted with basesystem installer  USB stick and then used the
registration to SCC.

I was offered updated repositories and was not able to install kvm parts
during installation nor later when booted into the system.

Tomaž